Yay! Justin and I are FINALLY taking a vacation together! We are doing sort of a repeat of our fall vacation from last year, because I had some free museum tickets that we felt we really just had to use. We're heading to Houston tomorrow for four days! And the best part is that we are staying in a super, super nice hotel-the Crowne Plaza Suites. We are normally the Super 8 or Comfort Inn type hotel people, but not this time! Justin and I had an agreement that if he did not go to Memphis with me for my science conference, then we could book a really nice hotel for our Houston vacation (I actually stayed in a Crowne Plaza hotel in Memphis too, and they are so cool!). So, part of the fun is just staying in a really nice place and taking some time to hang out, read books, and sit in the hot tub together! Yay! Plus, we're doing a little sight-seeing too. I will post pictures when we return.
It's very rare (as I am sure it is for most people) that Justin and I get to take a vacation together. (I don't consider family trips for Christmas as a real vacation...I LOVE them...but it's not exactly good couple time!). It is especially hard for us because we have almost exact opposite vacation times. Justin's job is very busy in the spring/summer (when I have spring break and summer break), while I'm very busy in the fall and most of the spring when Justin is less busy. That pretty much leaves Christmas (which is usually reserved for the aforementioned family visiting trip) for extended travel times. We've been blessed the last two years that I have gotten an intern in the fall, so I get two "free" personal days off. It makes for a great time to travel within TX since the weather is so nice, and it's a nice fall break for me since we don't have one here at TSD. Anyhow, we're both super excited for some time away together, with no dogs and no work to think about!
I hope all you Northerners are enjoying your cool fall weather, we'd appreciate it if you would send some our way...we're honestly a little sick of the 80 degree days...really, I swear, we just want it to cool down already!!! I'm actually looking forward to being up North in seven weeks, and am crossing my fingers for some good snow!!!
4 comments:
I'll trade you the cold crappy weather for 80 degrees anyday!! Have a wonderful vacation time, I know how important taking the time for the 2 of you is!
I'm so jealous!! Have a great time! You deserve it!
Have fun you two!!! And I will do everything in my power to send the cold weather your way!
Thanks Amy...it finally has cooled down a bit...whatever you did must have worked =). This week we aren't supposed to get above 76 (crossing my fingers!!!)
Post a Comment