Little H Countdown

Sunday, September 29, 2013

I'm a Big Kid Now!

One of my main goals was to try and have Brie potty-trained before BH2 arrives.  Luckily, she was already starting to show signs of being ready, so I was pretty confident I wouldn't be pushing her.  She's a smart little cookie, but I was still really worried and not looking forward to the whole potty-training "stuff."  I heard and read about a method called the "3-Day Potty Training" and mostly agreed with what I read, so I jumped on board with that as my method of choice.  While I don't think it would probably work for every single kiddo out there, it worked AMAZING with Brie.  Seriously.  By the beginning of day 4 she had potty-ing down pat, and hasn't had an accident since (training started on August 9th!).  So far she isn't scared of public restrooms either (in fact, probably the opposite, she LOVES to visit them).  I'm crossing my fingers and toes that the new baby arriving won't cause her to regress, because she's just been such a super-star so far!  And I'll admit, it has been really, really nice to have a short reprieve from diaper changing before baby comes!



Aside from all the potty-training fun, we've been busy trying to get everything organized, setup, and ready for BH2.  With Brie I had six full weeks of no work and nothing to do but get ready...not so much this time around since I have Brie to keep me busy :).  Luckily we've pretty much got all our ducks in a row and are ready for BH2 to arrive whenever he/she is ready (and mommy is ready NOW, so come on baby!).  Here are a few pics of the nursery and my bump :).

 I found this crib set on E-bay when I was only about 10 weeks pregnant and am so happy with how it looks all set up in the nursery!


37 weeks, 6 days--baby is loooooow and I'm ready to meet this little one!!!


Stay tuned to the blog, hopefully I'll be posting about baby's arrival very soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw. Your baby room looks so sweet. Yay for big girl Brie! That is awesome! Can't wait to hear the big news when Baby Halvorsen arrives! :)

Amy said...

Brie looks so big!! And you look amazing!!! You certainly do not look like you are going to have a baby any day. Good luck!! Can't wait to hear when baby arrives!!