Little H Countdown

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Siblings

Every so often when I'm feeding or holding sweet little Caleb, I look down and it's like I'm transported back in time two years and I'm looking down at my sweet little Brielle.  There is no denying these two are siblings:


Growing up, strangers often mistook me and my older brother as twins, because we looked so much alike.  I'm wondering if the same may happen to Brie and Caleb some day?

We are adjusting to life as a family of four relatively well, considering the lack of sleep from having a newborn in the house.  Caleb is the best baby, I had no idea babies could be this easy (since Brie wasn't exactly as "easy" baby).  I really hope his current temperament and sweetness continue!  He is a great eater, is content for the short amount of time he stays awake, and sleeps very, very well.  I actually have to wake him for every feeding right now because he'd just keep on sleeping.  Thankfully he wakes up well and does like to eat!

Brie is loving her big sister role.  She is a great helper and especially loves helping me burp Caleb.  She is very gentle with him and loves to give him kisses.  She calls him baby Caleb, never just Caleb, which is pretty adorable.

I'm recovering fairly well, after a little scare early Monday morning.  I woke to feed Caleb and noticed my bleeding had increased, which my doctor had warned me to watch out for.  We called a friend (who thankfully answered her phone at 3:30am!) and she came right over to watch Brie while Justin, Caleb and I headed up to the hospital.  Thankfully all the tests showed that everything was ok, I was bleeding only because of the extra trauma my insides endured after the birth.  I got some meds and everything seems a-ok now.  I go see my doctor tomorrow to double check everything.

More pictures from our first days at home:





2 comments:

Angela Bunger said...

Wow! There is definite likeness....sweet little boy!

Amy said...

Ahh...they do look a lot alike! And Brie looks like a very proud big sister! Hope you recover quickly!