Little H Countdown

Friday, May 21, 2010

GradUation!!!! (thanks Amy for being my spell checker!)

As Justin says..."Michelle has finally mastered something" =) Haha! Today I got to experience graduation at Washington University in St. Louis. It was quite a grand event and super cool. Our speaker was the current Energy Secretary, Steven Chu. He was an amazing speaker and had a great message, which focused on four simple words "Do Something That Matters". I've already decided it will be my classroom theme next year. The student speaker was also awesome. It think it was the quickest feeling grad ceremony I've ever been apart of. Definitely didn't feel like it was dragging on. After the ceremony our smaller group gathered to get our diplomas and have our hooding ceremony. I think it was at that time that everything finally felt "for real". It was crazy to hold that diploma in my hands and realize I really, truly am finished and have my master's degree! WOW!

My parents drove to St. Louis to join Justin and I for all the celebrations and it was so special to have them here for this occasion. I truly have the best parents! Tomorrow we're going to be tourists and visit the Arch, Grant's Farm, and anything else we might have time for. Then, Sunday, it's back to life, back to reality (cue 90's music). Thankfully there's only 9 school days left once I return. Granted, they will be a CRAZY 9 days, but only 9 days nonetheless!

And...when school is done...what to do with all my free time? Well, I've pretty much already filled up the summer calendar (of course!). I'll be painting, we're having laminate floors put in, I'm taking a quick trip to NE, and then I'm teaching five weeks of summer camp, with a workshop presentation thrown in there =). Never a dull moment for sure!

Here are some pictures from the graduation festivities:

My "Sassy Grad" picture =)


Getting hooded...


The LSGC graduates group with our teachers


Mom, Dad and Me


Me and the AWESOME SUPPORTIVE HUBBY!!!!


Me with my teachers, Susan, Phyllis and Andrea


Me with my "DC" buds: Cori and C.A.

4 comments:

J said...

Oh... Look at you in your cap and gown!!! Way cool! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! A lot of hard work, and a wonderful payoff. Yay to you both!

Amy said...

Congratulations Michelle!!! How incredibly exciting?! I know you worked hard and spent a lot of time and energy pursuing your degree. Congrats on such a wonderful accomplishment!!

Rachael C said...

Congratulations! All or your hard work has paid off! What a wonderful feeling! Getting your Masters is not easy, but so worth it! I'm very proud of you!

Kati said...

Congrats Michelle!!!! You earned some rest and realaxation!!!