Little H Countdown

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Academic Bowl Time Again!!!!

It's that time of year again for my very, very favorite event of the whole year--Academic Bowl Competition!!! This year it's a little different and all 80+ schools from across the nation will converge at Gallaudet University in Washington, D.C. for a huge four days of competition. We have to place top three in our original 10 team pool to advance, so cross your fingers for us! We have a really well balanced, well "gelled" team this year, so I'm excited to see them rise to this occasion!!
Today was a great test for them, as they competed in our video league's championship match and WON! I was one PROUD coach! We started the tournament 6th seed based on "regular season" play from the fall, and won every single tournament game to get into the championship bracket. It really showed their dedication and drive to improve towards the end---again--very PROUD coach!
So think of us this weekend and send good vibes to D.C.! I'll post next week and let you all know how it went :)!

This year's AWESOME team: Ilan, Maggie, Tozzie, and Darby

3 comments:

Kati said...

Good Luck to you and your team!!! I'm sure you'll do GREAT!!!!

Angela Bunger said...

That is awesome! Hope it goes well!

Rachael C said...

GOOD LUCK!!