1) When she's sleepy she makes little meow-ing noises like a kitten. so. darn. cute. She also seems to "talk" already with her little sighs, coos, and cute noises. I swear sometimes she is saying "Yeah" when we say things to her :).
2) She has great facial expressions and loves to mess with her face using her tiny little hands. The other night she grabbed her nose--so cute!
3) She is so adorable when she stretches her arms out allll the way above her head.
4) She has the cutest little pouty mouth (I may not think it's as cute when it's used for real some day--ha!).
5) She loves, loves, LOVES to eat!! She is a champ nurser and loves her some milk, I love having her nestled so close and what an awesome bonding time it is.
6) She has the most beautiful little head of hair...just like her mommy did, I am hoping it does not fall out (mine didn't, so there is hope!).
7) I love watching her and knowing what a precious gift from God she is and how blessed we are to have her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8) I love knowing the biology behind our little miracle and look at her in wonder realizing she's this perfect little bundle started from just ONE cell (that still BOGGLES my mind) that had 23 chromosomes from me and 23 chromosomes from her awesome daddy!
9) I love watching Justin be a daddy, he is AMAZING! I knew he would be a good daddy, but he is far exceeding how good even I knew he would be. He loves laying down with her on his chest and it is just so sweet to watch. Ever since our first night with her in the hospital he has called her his princess, which just melts my heart!
10) It is so neat to see the joy of my own parents as they get to know their first little grandbaby. Grandpa Long had such a hard time leaving last Saturday and is already counting down the days till he will see her again. Grandma Long is loving every moment she is able to spend with Brie and dreads the day she will have to leave...she's also a TREMENDOUS help...doing laundry, cleaning, cooking, and hanging with Brie so I can do things like shower or nap or eat (I think this last one is her favorite!).
Grandma is so proud of her little granddaughter and Brie thinks grandma is just the best!
11) Finally (though I know I could go on and on), I love, love, LOVE being a mommy. Even though I'm tired (though, actually, miraculously I have found I do pretty well on just 3-4 hours of sleep, though I prefer six!) and it's super hard work sometimes to nurse a champion eater, I would not trade this for the world and am so glad God decided to bless Justin and I with our sweet little Brie so that I could be her mommy! I can already not imagine our life without her and look so forward to watching her grow, teaching her to love Jesus and love others, and seeing her blossom into the beautiful little girl I know she will become. (And yes, all you mommy friends out there, just typing this makes me super weepy!)
So happy to have my little Brielle enter this world! Those three words, "It's a Girl" were so exciting to hear!
So little Brie, as I gaze at you tonight as you doze off after a (wow) short little feeding, I hope you know how much your mommy and daddy love you and what joy you bring to our lives!

3 comments:
Great pictures! Love your comment and your husband and Brie "chillaxin'"...our boys love that movie. She is a sweetie!
I'm so happy for you! This newborn phase is such a special time. I know you will enjoy every second.
How awesome that your mom gets to be there for so long!!
What a sweet little girl you have!
Love, love, love all those pictures. And all of the sweet noises that newborns make. Enjoy!!!
Post a Comment